Each handcrafted Maple Island log home is a one-of-a-kind project. Our designers relish new creative challenges and are accustomed to simplifying complicated plans to better accommodate budget constraints. They are also superbly talented when a project has no pre-set budget limit. Working with CAD software, our design staff can offer an amazing range of innovative ideas if you don’t know where to begin.
Most often the plans are created “from scratch” by an architect, or begin with a pre-existing plan that has been modified to fit specific needs and desires. Maple Island offers a selection of standard plans to serve as thought starters for a new home design, click here for floor plan ideas. We rarely duplicate these plans as designed and anticipate that each project will be custom designed to meet the express needs and desires of our buyers. There is no real cost advantage in building from an existing plan.
Use the following breakout of standard bid components as an approximate guide for your Maple Island log home. Then we can provide a preliminary estimate for your project, but a detailed bid can only be developed once your homes exact requirements and specifications are established.
- Perimeter log walls and any interior log partitions or walls that may be required or requested.
- Full log gable ends.
- Log purlin roof framing systems, engineered for specific structural loads.
- All tie logs.
- Porch roof framing systems, including purlins and vertical log posts.
- Full log dormers.
- Log trusses and customized log framing systems.
- Log joists for second floor.
- Supervisors and assistance for logwork reconstruction (excluding travel)